Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pixelated Live Feed On Loop

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kliptic
Tutor
Tutor

All the sudden the live view of one of the cameras is displaying extremely pixelated, and it appears that the video is repeating on loop. Cameras are on the latest firmware.

Screenshot attached

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Looks like heavy interference. Can you change your wifi router to a different channel for the 2.4GHz network? After that, if not better, power cycle your base station

Kliptic
Tutor
Tutor
thank you for the feedback. When I first reported this problem I disconnected everything and set it up again and the issue was gone. Fast forward to today and it happened again just hours ago.

Can you please clarify your a recommended solution? When it comes to networking I am not to tech savvy.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

For someone not savvy, I'd say start by powercycling your wifi router. If you are a bit more savvy, you can login on your router and manually set the channel which the 2.4GHz wifi network runs on

Kliptic
Tutor
Tutor

As per your suggestion, I logged into my router settings and changed the channel to one that does not overlap. The solution seems to have lasted two weeks this time but the issue has resurfaced. I'm not sure if I should change the router wifi channel again or if there are any other suggestions. 

Thanks

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you use a Wifi Analyzer app on your phone to find out which channel is least congested?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation