Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Panic button disappeared from app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Surfnspear
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, today we noticed the panic button has disappeared? It was all working fine before and under ‘Device Order’ you could click edit and push the base station panic button to the top above all the cameras. Not so now and clicking edit and attempting to push the HomeBase to the top will not work.
I have hard reset base station, cameras, reinstalled apps etc and still does not show.
Any advice from Arlo or the community?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Dbc516

The siren is now accessed by a gray or green bar at the top of the Devices page, just under the Arlo Logo. Click on the bar and swipe down.

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Look for the white bell on a blue background top right of the web gui.

Touch it and it will give the siren option.

Dbc516
Star
Star

Spent 30+ minutes yesterday looking for the "panic button" / Siren button to show off Arlo capabilities to potential Arlo customer - never ever found it - potential sale might be lost! 

Hate to be a bother, but could you explain more - I cannot find the white bell on blue background.

When I open the App (iOs) it opens onto Device page, which is pretty good since that puts you directly onto page where you can select live view for camera giving notice. When I scroll down to the bottom of the page, below the 4 active cameras, there is an option to "Add Device - which is green on the white background.

If I select Live view on one of the cameras, it goes into live view, but there is stll no white bell on blue background that I can find.

brh
Master
Master

@Dbc516

The siren is now accessed by a gray or green bar at the top of the Devices page, just under the Arlo Logo. Click on the bar and swipe down.

Brian

Dbc516
Star
Star

Much appreciated! But HOW DID YOU FIGURE THAT OUT? What am I missing?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

See here

Siren.JPG

Surfnspear
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you! Great info and solves the question. I must say I prefer the old software layout for the panic button though and I’m not sure why they changed it?
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation