Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Salkate
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve recently bought Arlo pro 2 cameras and my experience so far has not been great. One camera refuses to talk to the base (I’ve logged a support ticket and await a response) so I’ve only got one set up. Because of where it is (outdoors and up high) taking it down to recharge the battery regularly is not feasible. I considered getting a power bank but this won’t have the same voltage as mains power which I think is required for functions like activity zones, which I need. So my only option is a power cable to run underground and into my garage. For the life of me I can’t find a power cable of more than 5 metres. Does anyone know of one please? Would any Qualcomm cable work? So disappointed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting on why one camera won't connect to the Base Station.

Why not run a long AC cable & then just buy the 5 meter/16 ft. cable that plugs into the camera & the other end plugs into an ac receptacle? You can test it with a long outdoor extension cord to make sure it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting on why one camera won't connect to the Base Station.

Why not run a long AC cable & then just buy the 5 meter/16 ft. cable that plugs into the camera & the other end plugs into an ac receptacle? You can test it with a long outdoor extension cord to make sure it works.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billkex wrote:

Why not run a long AC cable

That would work better than running a long USB charging cable.  The voltage drop though the USB cable would be a big problem.  Of course it does need to be safe (likely in a conduit).

Salkate
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks both for your answers. I didn’t think about thar before - but it does sound the easiest option! So I’ll order a long AC cable and do it that way. Thank you!!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation