Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor Mount in Black (VMA4000B) not supporting camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
WatchMyHome
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new outdoor mounts in Black (VMA4000B) that came in the Costco package deal is not supporting camera.  Every day it goes down.  Then it is set off more often by shadows.  How do I get replacements?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you would need to contact Netgear for a replacement ; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

tho the VMA1000 ( blk or white ) is a better mount for the outdoor cameras IMO.

VMA1000B_Transparent

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dichotomouz
Initiate
Initiate

WatchMyHome,

I had the same issues for all six [6] of myVMA4000B camera mounts.  After climbing my two-story ladder several times aperiodcally every few weeks, I applied super glue [with the cameras mounted] at the top of the ball mount.  It ran perfectly down the crevice around the entire ball joint/mount.  I have no issues with the camera falling slowly over time any longer for all six cameras.

Very Respectfully and Best Regards...

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes I have the same problem with the black mount that came with the solar panel. Brand new right out of the box the mount couldn’t support the weight of the panel so it would just slump over. If you take apart the mount you can see it is a poorly designed ball and socket type mount. What I did was fill the socket of the mount with epoxy. In fact all the Arlo outdoor mounts have this problem. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation