Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of my arlo pro2 cameras has started to take constant videos during a sunny 5 hour period.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kwantau
Guide
Guide

One of my arlo pro2 cameras has started to take constant videos during about a sunny 5 hour period in the morning. Has anyone encountered this?. Yesterday it took 108 10-15 second videos. It only seems to happen during a sunny day. The camera is located under the garage eave in the shade and looks at a half sunny back yard and the shady passageway beside the garage. I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. I tried re- syncing the camera and rebooting the base station to no avail. Has anyone come across this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is typical as the sun's angle changes. The sun's IR gets bounced off leaves and branches which sway, causing false triggers. Many of us use lower sensitivity settings during the day to help eliminate the triggers. Repositioning the camera to eliminate the vegetation or shadows can frequently help, too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is typical as the sun's angle changes. The sun's IR gets bounced off leaves and branches which sway, causing false triggers. Many of us use lower sensitivity settings during the day to help eliminate the triggers. Repositioning the camera to eliminate the vegetation or shadows can frequently help, too.

Kwantau
Guide
Guide

Thanks allot for your quick reply. I did try to lower the sensitivity all the way to zero but to no avail. I'm going to exchange two cameras to see if that make a difference.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you're changing sensitivity in your modes and rules. The motion test just gives you a number to put into your rules and doesn't save.

Kwantau
Guide
Guide

Thanks allot for the tip. I did the checking and found that that particular camera was set to 80%. I ended up lowering it slowly over the day till it now sits at 35%. It now does not falls trigger any longer. This time of the year the grass is dead and very light in color and as juguerdat said the IR scatters more due to the sun angle. Thanks all of you for the help.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation