Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
NanC2
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, i have 2 cameras. One works perfectly, detects motion and records. The other does not but i can turn it on and watch live. I want it to detect motion and record. What can i do to remedy this? It is fully charged. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

Since it is working in Live mode make sure it is set to record and send notifications in the Rules for that camera. Go to Mode tab then select Armed or custom mode if you made one and select that cam for the Rules.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@NanC2 wrote:

Hello, i have 2 cameras. One works perfectly, detects motion and records. The other does not but i can turn it on and watch live. I want it to detect motion and record. What can i do to remedy this? It is fully charged. Thank you

If both are Pro2 do you have the one cam set up in Rules under the  active Mode for that cam like the working one since it  is working in Live mode?  Also what troubleshooting steps have you done. Make sure you have no filters on in the Library to eliminate that. 

NanC2
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for replying. Yes both cameras are Pro 2. Wireless. And you lost me after that. The troubleshooting i did was to make sure the battery was fully charged and then i removed it for 20 seconds and put it back. I restarted the system. I can use it to watch things live but now i want to move it to an entrance and have it detect motion and record. Both cameras are indoor. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Since it is working in Live mode make sure it is set to record and send notifications in the Rules for that camera. Go to Mode tab then select Armed or custom mode if you made one and select that cam for the Rules.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

NanC2
Tutor
Tutor

Okay i will try that , thank you

NanC2
Tutor
Tutor

YES ! It worked ! This is my first experience with security cameras and i've been learning as i go along and i was stuck there. Thank you sooo much for taking the time to help

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation