Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Buymysystemback
Initiate
Initiate

I’m going to attempt to keep this short. I have the 6 camera package with base station and one additional camera. All are pro2 cameras with the ten camera subscription. I have read several posts by others with similar issues marked solved but they rarely ever are truly “solved”. In no particular order here we go, I have adjusted everything possible on my cameras from physical positioning and available settings through the app and still my cameras miss a ton of motion even simply someone walking directly in the path of the camera a few feet away it will start recording sometimes when the person is in the middle of the viewing area and other times only get the last few steps. Likewise I have two cameras on the front of my house that seem to record what they want. I have video of cars crossing the entire covered area and then more often I’m lucky if I get to see the back tire. One might argue car speed but that’s not the case as I have been monitoring this action for months. I have a camera over my driveway that will not record me pulling in the driveway or getting out of the car but will usually get my last two steps before I enter the garage. At the same time this camera does pic up about 30 cars a day passing my driveway. My neighborhood is pretty busy and I live near the entrance so there are a couple hundred cars passing a day. Maybe the system likes one car more than another? Problem two: all cameras are set to record until motion stops or hits the time limit and then starts to record again immediately based off motion. That’s not the case. I often get 3, 5, 12, second clips and every now and then an actual video of all motion. I have tested this time and time again and get mixed results every time. I know the motion should be more than enough to keep the camera rolling and it doesn’t. I have a camera in my garage and I’m lucky if it records my entire walk from garage door to entering my house at times. I even have overlapping camera coverage with the two cameras I have on the front of my house. Today for instance I had groceries delivered. The delivery lady backed into my driveway and her and I made several trips to her car. Funny thing is the driveway camera never recorded a thing yet another camera further away with a narrow vantage point of that area recorded is walking three times. Of course it was short clips and cut off in the middle of the motion but at least it went off. The driveway camera is mounted about ten feet high and I’m 6”2 walking no more than four ft in front of it square in the middle of the camera view and nothing. I don’t know what kinda help anyone could offer as I’ve done resets and so on. I have over $1k invested in this system and I have worked on it since I have had it and it’s just a few steps above junk and a false sense of security. If arlo would take it back I would happily return it and go another route. I can send anyone who doesn’t believe me examples of the above issues. Please help

2 REPLIES 2
Buymysystemback
Initiate
Initiate
Just wanted to update everyone, do. It buy arlo cameras. I have them! Spent over $1000. I think the money would have been better spent paying thieves not to rob my house. My little brother walked up my driveway today where I have a camera, got a great 12 second video of the last step he took where I could identify his white shoe followed by nothing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation