Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification, but no recording

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
robbiebrown34
Guide
Guide
I’ve seen plenty of posts about this on the Pro series and others, but not much on Pro2.

Does anyone have issues where they receive notifications of recordings but no recordings happen? I can restart the base station and it comes back for a little while and then drops off again intermittently. Maybe I’ll get notifications, then recordings. Then notifications, no recordings and it will resolve itself later.

I’ve done the obvious like moved the base closer, checked the internet connections (which must work or why do I get notified?) and the obvious restart of cameras.
The camera in question has CVR enabled so has permanent power and CVR works and tags the notification time, but no recording (thus proving internet was good).

I’m tearing my hair out with it now and pretty close to a mass burning of the Arlo kit because of its complete unreliability across the board.
It’s bad enough that I don’t get notifications when a device drops offline but to get notifications and no recordings is a basic feature I paid for.

I could of course go back through the CVR but the new iPhone app doesn’t work for that so I have to open my PC and do it. I’ve got a couple of screenshots this morning of the problem, 3 separate notifications and not a single recording. (Yes, I do have recording enabled)
Ridiculous.
0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation