Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification Time Delay _ Door Bell to phone

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cath_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is 2min time delay from when the moment door bell is pressed till when my phone rings to answer.
12 REPLIES 12
Cath_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please advise solution, because by the time i receive notification on my phone, the person who pressed the door bell has already left because i was not able to respond within the short time

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cath_2019

Is your doorbell up to date on the latest firmware version & Are you using the latest version of the Arlo Mobile app? Is it possible to try and use a different phone with your account and test again.

Cath_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne

Thank you very much for your message.

I purchased and installed it just a week ago 

The result is the same with a different phone.

I clicked into ARLO "About" and the version stated is 2.7.4_25567   Released 03/25/2019

Does this inform help answer your questions?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if your phone is awake at the time your doorbell is pressed? If you immediately get the call, check your phone settings for battery optimization of thee app. Change it from optimized to not optimized.

Cath_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.....thank you very much.

I've changed to "not optimised",  seems to be "slightly" better. 

In due course, shall try couple more times to check.  

However, the video from the Arlo Camera is "still a bit slow" loading onto the phone to view the person who pressed the door bell.

Advice appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The age/speed of the phone can make a difference. What phone is it and on what OS?

Cath_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Samsung Galaxy S8 _ Android

Doe this help? Or need more information ? Coz i have no idea where to gett eh info on "firmware, OS and environment"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can get the OS level, etc. from the phone settings, at the bottom of the choices in About Phone or similar. However, your phone is new enough that this really isn't necessary - it would be more important on old phones.

I get a call from a doorbell push within <5 seconds, probably more like 2. My doorbell has a good signal (all 3 bars on the WiFi indication for the doorbell on the Devices tab) - what's yours? Do you get the chime immediately but not the call?

Cath_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, deep apologies for late reply 

Mine is showing 3 bars on the WiFi indication for the doorbell on the Devices tab.

I do not have chime for the doorbell.   

When doorbell is pressed, it still takes about 1min in getting the ring on my phone

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Test with the phone awake (home screen visible). That may tell us if it's something about battery optimizations.

Cath_2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aprat from the 1min time delay till i get the ringing on my phone,  the video from the Arlo Camera is also "extremely" loading onto my phone to view the person who is at the door bell.   

I checked the Arlo Camera and it is 2 bar

Is this the reason for the "extreme slow" loading onto my phone for viewing?

Advice appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your patience and support.  Appreciate !!  

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Cath_2019 wrote:

Aprat from the 1min time delay till i get the ringing on my phone,  the video from the Arlo Camera is also "extremely" loading onto my phone to view the person who is at the door bell.   

Speed of your internet connection?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation