Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
02redcavi
Guide
Guide

Don’t know if it’s just me but for the past 2 months my arlo have been having intermittent not sending me notifications at all when a event happens and now just recently aren’t even recording motion. I’m hoping this is a software issue that maybe a update will fix permanently. Really regretting buying these cameras so far. I reset my base station every so often and sometimes it works. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@02redcavi

Have you tried to reboot the cameras by removing the battery/re-installing it & test again? Have you performed a successful motion detection test with the devices? I have attached an article here with instructions.

How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@02redcavi

Have you tried to reboot the cameras by removing the battery/re-installing it & test again? Have you performed a successful motion detection test with the devices? I have attached an article here with instructions.

How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

jmmmmh
Guide
Guide
Same, although it only started today on one camera. Sigh.
02redcavi
Guide
Guide
I have not tried installed and reinstalled the batteries or doing a motion test. Only rebooting the base station. I don’t understand how that would fix the issue though. I have had nothing but problems with these cameras since buying them.
02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Did the motion test and is working fine
02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Removed devices from base station for both cameras and disconnected batteries and reinstalled and Motion recording and alert notifications are back up and working for now.
02redcavi
Guide
Guide
That worked thank you
BastropMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did it start after cold weather set in?

02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Yea it did coincidentally.