Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not recording after movement stops Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stromboy
Follower
Follower
The Camera records the movement of a person walking from the house to the car. It then stops when they are in the car. It does not record the car leaving. The reverse applies when a car arrives in the driveway. it records the car arriving but not the person walking to the house. This defeats the purpose of having the Camera as it does not record the whole event. The time is set up as the default record till movement ceases and the sensitivity is set to the default.
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
What is your internet upload speed?
If you have a cable connection like my brother, he gets 50mb/s download and 1.5mb/s upload which will take awhile to upload the recordings to the cloud and so you could miss another event.

If you modify the recording duration to be fixed at two minutes it should capture most sequential events but will have to wait that time to view the recordings.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

well you can try to increse the sesne level 1-2% at a time and test....

But I think it's more of the "record till motion stops"...  when the person gets in the car the camera doesn't see motion and it stops.( till the cars moves, and there is a 5-10 sec reset time )

I find a "set" time a better feature in almost all uses.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation