Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving Two Step Verification Email After Cell Phone Upgrade? Check Spam Folder

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mptyler
Follower
Follower

MY PROBLEM AND THE SOLUTION IN ONE POST:

Yesterday I updated to a new Android cell phone.  At the big box store the sales person handled the setup and transfer of files, etc., from the old phone to the new phone.  Everything was by the book as far as I could tell.  This morning I logged into my Arlo account, (i.e., attempted), on my PC to see if the cameras had recorded anything over night per my usual routine.  Waited for the verification code to arrive in my Gmail account as it had done every day previously.  No verification code arrived.  I tried everything I could think of.  The trusted device was my old cell phone and could not be updated.

I went online and tried everything this community or Google or Arlo support would suggest.  Struggled with one strategy after another for over an hour.  Finally found a hint buried deep in an Arlo support post relative to the problem.  One word:  SPAM.

There in the Gmail Spam Folder were all the verification emails I had been looking for.  I have no idea, and it's somewhat irrelevant at this point, why Gmail chose after a simple phone upgrade to start routing to the spam folder emails I had received daily from Arlo, but it did.  I have modified the spam folder filter settings in Gmail to allow the Arlo authentication emails to go to the inbox.

Also discovered in the process that when you actually get into Arlo two factor settings, you can turn off two factor authentication.  My cameras are all located outdoors in locations where I feel this is safe to do.

1 REPLY 1
itiscarollee
Aspirant
Aspirant

How and where?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation