Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No speaker grill on the back and only one USB port on Base Station but I have alarm function?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bartek
Follower
Follower

Hi there, 

just unpacked the box, so I am new but ...

I am totally confused as to what I have. Bought on Amazon VMS4230P. A set of Arlo Pro 2 with two cameras. 

The bases station looks different that the one on the photos of Amazon. There is no speaker grill on the back and only one USB port. The model is VMB4500. Btw: the model selection above does not even have this option.  

I see the siren icon on my iOS app but do I have the alarm function. Where is the problem.

- I have a wrong base station? - should I exchange, add different one?

- Software problem?

- I am unable to set it up right?

I attach the tow photos: box of what I bought and photo from amazon description.

Any help will be approviated.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

read this;   https://kb.arlo.com/000062207/What-is-the-difference-between-the-new-Arlo-Base-Station-with-Siren-VM...

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
NadiaMai
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat, a little confused. My base station shows VMB4500 and there is no speaker output on the hub? The quick start booklet reads it as 'Arlo Pro base Station'.  Did I get Pro 2 cameras with an Arlo Pro hub?  How do you have a siren with no speaker output?  Did I buy a lesser unit?  I wanted an Arlo Pro 2 with siren.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the links above? The VMB4500 has a siren, just not the holes.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Did you read the links above? The VMB4500 has a siren, just not the holes.

And it's easy to test, so just try it...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation