Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No notification OR recording if someone is watching a live feed? Seriously?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RetiredInFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed my 3 camera system and found I was getting  NO NOTIFICATIONS OR RECORDINGS if someone is watching a live feed.  I thought I was doing something wrong but see it is normal operation.  What a ridiculous "feature." Bad enough you can not continuously live monitor but if a trigger occurs while anyone is watching live there are no notifications of recording.  I found this "feature" accidentally when I had someone in NJ watching my home in FL (as a test) while I drove up and I got no notification for the motion trigger.

I found an old long thread that confirmed that from over a year ago and am really surprised that wasn't resolved. For a relatively expensive "security" system there are sure a lot of features that make it fight that description. 

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

That is correct.  I tell others with whom I’ve shared cameras not to do live views unless absolutely necessary for real-time viewing and interaction.  Arlo cameras are not for “active surveillance”.

MisterEdF
Guide
Guide

(Ooops. seems like I logged in under one of my other device accounts)

Anyway, Yea, well, my system is heading back to Amazon ..... too bad because they had a great 1-day promo.  I got all excited because I figured out a way to do full-time live monitoring (using a mouse click app) on my PC  but then got no notifications.  Bottom line is I have a couple Nest Cam Outdoor cameras on the way.  IMO a very poor (lack of) feature set for ARLO PRO2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation