Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No internet light on initial set-up- Aro Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JasMer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just recently purchased the 5 camera package that Costco had in store. I've been staring at it on my table for a few days and decided to open it up and try things out.

I followed the set-up procedure included but have had zero luck connecting the base station to the internet. The power light is on, the camera light is orange (i havent synced any cameras yet), but the internet light isn't illuminated (it lights up on inital power-up). I tried all the routers ethernet ports, multiple ethernet cables, re-doing the setup procedure from scratch several times. I attempted a hard reset of the base station but had no success (zero change to lights etc).

Now the real question here before I send this thing back...I am in the process of moving from a fairly remote area with weak internet speeds (just speed tested- 1.92mbps download, 0.83mbps upload) and into modern civilization with respectable internet. 

Are my sub-par connection speeds a possible reason for the base station not recognizing an internet connection? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart the router and base. That sometimes works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Those slow speeds will affect overall performance but should not affect your initial setup. If the Internet light is not illuminating then there is possibly a problem with the base communicating with your router.

Have you tried restarting the router?

JasMer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have restarted it, yes.. The router lights acknowledge I have something plugged in, but no light from the base station.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart the router and base. That sometimes works.

JasMer
Aspirant
Aspirant
That did the trick! Thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation