Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live

Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved, if you are still seeing this behavior please reach out to me directly. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

171 REPLIES 171
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please watch your cameras throughout the day today and see if the behavior has changed. 

ANNtichrist
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have one of this model.  I use it outside with a solar charger.  Before the firmware update the battery started draining continuously fast and the solar charger can't keep up anymore.  After the firmware update, my camera will no longer record and it's the only one I pay for a subscription to see what happens while I'm gone because it is the only one I have outside.  This is extremely frustrating.  Please advise.  I think the battery is shot and needs replacement, but can i downgrade the firmware please so that I can record again??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ANNtichrist wrote:

After the firmware update, my camera will no longer record

Can you livestream the camera?

If you can, then can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

ANNtichrist
Aspirant
Aspirant

Live stream works, but will not log anything in my library. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ANNtichrist wrote:

Live stream works, but will not log anything in my library. 

When you say "Live stream works", are you saying that you were able to make a manual recording while live streaming???

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you watch your Pro 2 cameras throughout the day and see if you see a difference in behavior?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ANNtichrist watch your cameras throughout the day today and let me know if the behavior you were seeing is resolved.

weifanghe
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the latest upgrade, my cameras are not in sync with my base station, sometime cameras went offline. Please advise what to do. Here are my Arlo Pro 2 information:

Hardware: VMB3500r4
Serial Number: 5BF69877A95B1
Product / Serial Number
Floor 1 Front: VMC4030P/A2R1987XC5C97
Floor 2 Back: VMC4030P/A2R19872C5C9B
Floor 2 Front: VMC4030P/A2R1987WC5CA4
Firmware: 1.125.17.1_11_de8490d

Thank you very much.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please watch the cameras throughout the day today. And see if the behavior changes. 

Mrclint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently put WiFi in my shop, then added 2 Arlo pro2  cameras…they don’t record any motion whatsoever and if I log on my app and click on those cameras they do load in my app and I can see my shop.  Not sure how to fix is there a way to turn up motion sensitivity? 

thanks in advance. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mrclint wrote:

I recently put WiFi in my shop, then added 2 Arlo pro2  cameras…they don’t record any motion whatsoever and if I log on my app and click on those cameras they do load in my app and I can see my shop.  Not sure how to fix is there a way to turn up motion sensitivity? 

thanks in advance. 

Are the cameras armed?

You say Pro 2 - those require a base station.  Are you sure you gave us the correct camera model?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mrclint can you watch your cameras throughout the day today and see if the behavior changes?

Iab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo pro systems  home and office

yesterday around 12pm EST. Both systems quit recording all 5 cameras from the office   And 3 cameras from home just suddenly not detecting motion,  I can still do live video and record manually. But the motion detection / recording is not working 

please help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and re-syncing one camera on each system - that's been reported to work. Otherwise, wait for the weekend to be over so the mods can run a backend sync that also fixes the issue. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

Cavritz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and re-syncing one camera to see if that helps. Otherwise wait for Monday so the mods can run a sync on your account. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

Iab
Aspirant
Aspirant

you are so kind.  hope this works, if it does i owe you a cold one

DannySweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can mods help med sync also? Or should i just buy a diffrent brand? Arlo doesnt seem to work nowdays. I have tried many times to remove and reinstall the whole system.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 
Recording hasent worked for 6 months now.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Iab  are you still seeing the same behavior?

@DannySweden watch your cameras throughout the day today and see if the behavior changes.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Cavritz watch your cameras throughout the day today and let me know if you see a difference. 

DannySweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for trying to help me mods but it still doesnt work. 

Will it ever be fixed or do I need to buy another brand? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please log out of the account and log back in, then watch your cameras troughout the day today to see if the behavior changes. If you see the same behavior tomorrow, remove one of the Pro 2 from the account and then re-onboard it.