Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

No alerts, no videos, but can watch live

Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two days now there have been no videos and no notifications. I am able to watch live video from the cameras.

The mode is set to Armed (all cameras operating). I’ve checked the mode and all of the cameras are as they were, set to detect motion and send me notifications. 

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved, if you are still seeing this behavior please reach out to me directly. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are aware of the behavior you are experiencing. The development team is currently looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community.

171 REPLIES 171
Jgallagher49
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • My pro 2 cameras are not logging events. They don’t seem to be talking any clip of Smyrna activity. I can live stream with them.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Remove 1 camera and sync it again to see if that helps.

2) If you can wait a bit, the mods can run a backend sync that can help. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

BeanQueen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m about my wits end and am about to ditch Arlo all together. We had two Arlo Pro 2 cameras for years now with no issues up until November 2023 when the battery on one went bad and Arlo

no longer sold that replacement battery. We switched that one out for a new Essential Spotlight 1st Gen. It has worked fine up until last week when I accidentally let it die all of the way. Previously, we always recharged it at least 10%. Now even though it is fully charged, about once daily for the past week, the camera crashes, forces me to do a factory reset to turn it back on and I have to add it as a new device it in the app each time. It doesn’t recognize my camera is back online. It seems like the firmware update it did when I had to reboot it is the root cause since there is no issues with the battery life. It crashes even close to full battery. 

Th0masc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good luck.  I have had the same experience with the Essential Spotlight cameras.  I had four Pro 2 cameras that worked perfectly until Arlo pulled their end-of-life shenanigans.  I bought four discounted Essential Spotlight cameras and they have been junk. They are connected to my base for local recording (since Arlo killed the free online storage they promised for life) and they randomly go offline about once per month (usually when I am out of town).  I was on a ladder again last night resetting and re-synching the main camera.  I have some really cheap wireless cameras from another vendor that work much better than the Arlo cameras, but their night vision is awful.  I am hoping to find a good compromise with another vendor that lets me leave this dumpster fire behind.

i am still nursing my Pro 2 cameras along--they become my primary cameras when the Essentials go offline.  When they die, I will move on to another brand altogether.

Good job, Arlo!  You took a good product and succeeded in making it stink.

CRecords
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm able to livestream the cameras and record manually while livestreaming.

However, there are no other videos saved in the library apart from the manual recording I just did.

Any idea about what's going on?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CRecords wrote:

Yes, I'm able to livestream the cameras and record manually while livestreaming.

You might need a back-end resync, so I am tagging the mods - @ShayneS , @JamesC , @BrookeN - so they can check.

If you don't hear a reply today or tomorrow, then you could try removing one camera from the account and then adding it back.  Since sometimes it is hard to add the camera back, it is best to wait for the resync.

CRecords
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Stephen!

I'll wait for the back-end resync in that case.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please watch your cameras throughout the day today and see if the behavior has changed. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please watch your cameras throughout the day and see if the behavior has changed. 

SpikesHD
Initiate
Initiate

Goodbye arlo. You can't treat customers this way and keep expecting them to come back. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SpikesHD wrote:

Arbitrarily Recalling Lifetime Offers

What offers are you talking about?

The 7-day free cloud storage is still available for this camera.  Though there is a glitch that has resulted in some users not getting recording and notifications - if that has happened to you, then folks here can help.

SpikesHD
Initiate
Initiate

The free lifetime cloud service that I purchased with my cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SpikesHD wrote:

The free lifetime cloud service that I purchased with my cameras. 

As I said above, that has not been recalled for Pro and Pro 2 cameras. Several users have been affected by a glitch in Arlo Cloud - it sounds like you are one of them.

I am tagging the mods - @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC  -  so they can do a back-end sync on your account.

Tele-Addict
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

The error message appears in the app against the base station it is paired to.

It has started randomly a week or so ago. I have a three month old Pro 3 Floodlight camera that is not connected to any power source.

it appears to knock out all recordings on my other cameras (5x pro2 and another Floodlight camera).

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you watch the cameras throughout the day today and see if the behavior changes. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SpikesHD please watch the cameras throughout the day today and see if the behavior changes. 

Molino2813
Aspirant
Aspirant

I updated my IOS app recently and ever since, I cannot get my cameras to show a live feed. 

They are detecting and recording motion

But when I go to devices, they are just "scanning". If I click on them, they don't show anything. 

They then say they appear to be offline, but they are not, as they are still picking up motion and recording. 

grasswang
Aspirant
Aspirant

it took few seconds previously, but now takes over a minute! It is unbearable, because in the case of emergence, even one second makes very big difference!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Is this delay happening with all cameras or specific to a model type?

If your using smart notifications then these will be delayed as the video needs to be uploaded to the cloud for the arlo AI to vet them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app?

Molino2813
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, multiple times. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Molino2813  watch the cameras throughout the day today and see if the behavior changes. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@grasswang watch your cameras throughout the day today and see if you see any change. 

DartFrog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey there, I'm on the old pro 2 cameras with a VMB4000r3 base station. I have the issues where they're no longer recording in the app from several months ago. It looks like some mods are able to fix this remotely? I'd appreciate any help on this! Thanks for your time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll tag the mods who can perform a backend sync that should resolve this. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN