Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Playback From Library On Home Computer

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Skillywee
Follower
Follower

Just started happening, system and cameras work fine.  However, when I attempt to playback a recording from the library, all I get is a dark screen and the word "loading", but nothing happens.  This is only on my home computer, the app on my IPad and 2 android phone all work fine and will playback from library.

If I download a recording on my computer, it will play properly.

Basestation is a VMB4000.

Need some help to resolve this.   Thanks

It use to work.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read any of the multipe threads about this same issue? MS updated things recently which caused IE and Edge to not play the videos from thelibrary. Chrome and Firefox still work fine.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Indeed, my solution is to hit the Download link and Play rather than save.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

MS had a patch yesterday that fixed the problem. MS' fault, regardless of how much you want to blame Arlo.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

MS had a patch yesterday that fixed the problem. MS' fault, regardless of how much you want to blame Arlo.

Indeed. Had Arlo tried fixing Microsoft's problem, the knock-on effects could have been serious.

We saw that when many hardware makers rushed to fix Google's Chromecast bug and came up with solutions that broke other functions.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dang - shot myself in the foot. Tested the wrong browser - the patch didn't fix anything. DOH!

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@jguerdat wrote:

Dang - shot myself in the foot. Tested the wrong browser - the patch didn't fix anything. DOH!

MS will likely (hopefully) fix this with its next KB####, as long as there is enough users feedback. It would help our case if we all could report the problem.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation