Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Maganac
Aspirant
Aspirant

My family just purchased our Arlo Pro 2 Cameras about a week ago and we have no idea how to adjust the sensitivty of the motion detection. One camera in particular needs to be adjusted as it aims at a busy intersection of my neighborhood, and even little things seem to set it off. This has been a particular drain on the battery, as it had gone down to nearly 10% in a weeks time. 

From what I can see on the mobile app, there does not seem to be any option to change the motion sensitivity, and no way to add any new modes to my current system. I have seen the instructions videos provided by the Arlo, but the options were nonexistant when I tried to do the same thing on my app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thumshie
Tutor
Tutor

Strange.

You are using the master account(original email address to create the account) to log-in and not created a guest account with limited access?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
thumshie
Tutor
Tutor

Under the android app after selected 'Mode' and then selecting the hub/bridge theres a large green button at the bottom labeled 'Add a Mode' to create custom ones.

To adjust the sensitivity you have to click on the 'green pencil' next to the mode - such as 'Armed' and then the 'green pencil' next to the Rule for the camera you want to adjust.  Then in the 'If the following' section you need to click the 'green pencil' next to 'Detects Motion' to show the slider.  This is in relation to the IR sensor.

As you mention battery I can assume you're not running it pluged into AC, which would have also allowed you to set up zones to only record if motion (pixel comparison) is also detected as well as IR.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, keep in mind the Pro2 has a max detection range for people at about 25ft... ( vehicles reflect a lot of IR giving you false trigger events )

So , try and aim you camera to the areas it can detect people and not the roadway...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Maganac
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's the problem thumshie, it's not there. Here is a screenshot of my app and after schedule, there is no option to make a custom mode.
thumshie
Tutor
Tutor

Strange.

You are using the master account(original email address to create the account) to log-in and not created a guest account with limited access?

Maganac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh God, that's why! I started the app through my Mother's phone so I never realized it. Thank you so much thumshie!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation