Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Live View Available Anymore on my PC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sambakmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have written about this before, but will try again.  I don't understand why Netgear cannot allow my cameras to have a live view on my PC like it used to.  There is no way to update Adobe Flash Player as I understand it is no longer available.  Why  can't this be overcome?  I just don't understand why Netgear can't do something to make this option available.  This would make me more likely to choose another camera system if it would make a difference, although up until about a year ago, I have been very pleased with my cameras.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sambakmom wrote:

I have written about this before, but will try again.  I don't understand why Netgear cannot allow my cameras to have a live view on my PC like it used to.  There is no way to update Adobe Flash Player as I understand it is no longer available.  

You can live view the cameras on your PC - I do it all the time.

There some steps you need to do - a bit annoying, but not not difficult.  The details do depend on which browser you use.  You can search the forum for them - or just respond with the browser you use.

It is a bit simpler with Chrome and Edge than it is with Firefox - in part because Chrome and Edge have a built-in flash player, and don't actually use the plug-in.

FWIW, the Adobe plugin is still available and can be downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

sambakmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really appreciate your help.  This is the first time I have been able to view my cameras live in a long time.  I have tried before to download a new Flash Player on Chrome, and I have unlocked the lock and clicked "allow" before, but I guess I needed to do a few more steps before it would work.  Maybe the link you gave me was better than the way I had tried to download before.  I don't know, but I am so pleased that you made it possible!  Thank you very much!  I agree it is a little bit of a pain, but worth it when you need to see what is going on.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Having same issue for the past 2 weeks or so.

Click play and it just shows the first image and freezes from there. Using Chrome, same on IE as well.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JehovasFitness

Is it possible to check this issue you are experiencing on another computer? I am currently not able to replicate this as described.

sambakmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure this is an answer, but make sure that you click on the unlock icon beside the URL  and click on "allow" before you click on any of your cameras.  After I got it working and tried to come back to it, it went back to the old "you need to download an update to Adobe Flash Player."  Everything cleared up when I closed the window and started all over again, but made sure I  went through the above described process before clicking on the arrow to see a live view.   

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation