Arlo front light
al1101

front light bridge
abb1000

Arlo 3 Floodlight
fb1001

And I have the following plan:  Basic Unlimited

I'm looking to create the following automations:

1.  Have (2) cameras recording 24 x7 but not send notifications from 7:00am to 11:00pm

2.  Have those same (2) cameras record and send notifications (along with my other 3 cameras) from 11:00pm to 7:00am.

I've looked all over the community and it appears that many people have an automation tab?  I do not have that on either the My Arlo website or the app.

If I go into Mode I see the following I only have:

Armed

Disarmed

Schedule

Geofencing

If I go into Schedule, I can set up multiple schedules, however, I can't manipulate whether I get notifications per schedule.  

I'm guessing I'm missing something (automation tab)?  Looks the app is up to date.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

There are two user interfaces - one which shows "Library" in the app menu, and a newer one that shows "Feed" and "Dashboard".  Both are supported by the app - which one you get depends on how your account is set up in the Arlo cloud.

You have the older one at the moment.  Eventually everyone will end up on the new one, so at some point in the future you will be migrated.

You can get the system to work the way you want with either interface, but I think you will end up with some issues with the Arlo Light+bridge not working well with "Feed".

What you need to do is create a custom mode (let's call it "Daytime") that only arms the two cameras, and which has no rule at all for the others (or the light).  There is some information on how to do that here:

After you create it, enter that mode manually, and make sure it works correctly.

After that, set up a daily schedule that has

• Armed from midnight to 7 am
  • Daytime from 7 am to 11 pm
  • Armed from 11 pm to midnight

More info on how to do that is here:

Then use the "Schedule" mode on the mode page.

porps678
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Stephen!

I'll give it a try!

Appreciate the help!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation