Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision switches on correctly when on battery power but does not turn on when on AC power

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Tommy_L
Initiate
Initiate

Hi all, I'm using the Arlo pro 2 camera's and encountered something I can't really get a grip on. 

I have several camera's connected to 12V power, one on battery. 
With one camera, I have arlo smart running. Also thi camera has a wasserstein power cable connected to it. 
On battery power the night vision switches on correctly, however on ac power, somehow night vision will not switch on. 
Resetting the camera didn't help (unplugged, removed battery). 
Removing and re-adding didn't help. 

Resetting the base station helps for 1 night and then the problem reappears. Has anyone had the same problem? 

As soon as I unplug the power cable, night vision switches back on though. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tommy_L
Initiate
Initiate

Actually found the problem as the reconnects etc did only last for 1 day. Then I wanted to swap camera's and while it was still plugged in, I moved it a bit. Somehow it picked up a ray of light from the street lighting making it to turn off night vision when on power. Changed the angle a bit and it works now. So also check if you have some kind of indirect light source that gets caught by the sensors in the camera. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware problem.

Bpatrick358
Aspirant
Aspirant
I contacted support and they had me go through the unplug the power, re-sync to base, and reinstall AC power. Did you ever find an answer or a fix for this?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My question is that you state the cameras are connected to 12v...

think this needs to be clarified as to your power source 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bpatrick358
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm connected AC outlet with battery power too and my nightvison won't activate at night
Tommy_L
Initiate
Initiate

Actually found the problem as the reconnects etc did only last for 1 day. Then I wanted to swap camera's and while it was still plugged in, I moved it a bit. Somehow it picked up a ray of light from the street lighting making it to turn off night vision when on power. Changed the angle a bit and it works now. So also check if you have some kind of indirect light source that gets caught by the sensors in the camera. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation