Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station cannot connect to internet. Have Arris surfboard router and have ports 80,443,123 open.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jessica8
Aspirant
Aspirant

cannot get my base station to connect to the internet. I have an Arris surfboard router and confirmed ports 80, 443, 123 are open. I have a brand new base station and my router is working. The power light is amber but the internet will not connect and there is no light. Ive seen it blink green periodically, but then the light will disappear. help! Ive troubleshooted everything in the knowledge base and what I could find in the community. Any ideas why it will not connect. 

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Power light is amber is normally due to not "claiming the base station" which tends to be adding cameras before adding the base station. Probably easiest to hold the reset button in with a paperclip for about 10 seconds til it resets. Wait for it to power up again. Go into the app and add the base station first. Then go through the process of sync'ing the cameras. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops - the power LED being amber has nothing to do with the base not being claimed. That's the Camera LED that will show amber. If the power LED is anything but green, there's a bigger problem which could be eihter the base or power supply. Trying a reset likely won't help but doesn't hurt to try. If it remains amber, swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

jessica8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok- I don't have any cameras connected. This is a brand new base station sent to me by Arlo as my previous one wasn't working. 

jessica8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok- so you likely think it is a defective base station and needs to be replaced?. My previous base station wasn't working and this is the replacement Arlo sent me. This is the second one they sent me and both were doing the same thing. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh shoot. Sorry. Getting my LEDs mixed up. Hope it's sorted soon

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation