Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rjt0906
Follower
Follower

I have read from several reviewers that the night vision feature on the Arlo Pro (1st edition) was in need of improvement.  Has the Arlo Pro 2 addressed this need for improved performance?  I haven't seen mention of this yet.

2 REPLIES 2
MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

No the night vision has not been addressed or even acknowledged. My night vision continues to look like 144p quality and washed out to the point it will make you feel like you need glasses from the blurriness.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For the best experience with the Night Vision feature make sure that no walls, tables, or other objects are too close to your camera. If any objects is within 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) of the sides or front of your camera, it can reflect IR back into the camera lens and cause glare or hazy video, especially at night. Be sure to reference the following article for best positioning tips: How do I position my Arlo Pro 2 camera?

The engineering team is still actively investigating other night vision issues being reported. We will provide updates on these as soon as more information is available.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation