Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New System - Firmware Updates?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

HI,

I'm new to Arlo having just purchased and installed a 4 camera system after Christmas (so please be gentle with me!!). 

When I first set up it up, I was prompted to update the base unit firmware (which seemed to go OK). It's now running 1.12.0.0_27099 and it got me thinking that maybe the cameras would be due an update too? 

The cameras appear to have 1.125.8.0_19174 installed and according to the forum there have been several updates sinceits release in May: i.e. 1.125.11.0_21156 in July, 1.125.11.1.0_25366 in September and most recently, 1.125.11.3.0_26229 in October.

I've checked the article on manually updating the camera firmware but is seems to be reliant on the my.arlo.com website recognising thast that there is an update to install - which it doesn't.

Firstly, should I just leave it be? Everything appears to be working at the moment so unsure whether subsequent software will make an improvement or not.  The release notes suggest big fixes and battery life improvements?

Secondly, if I should try and force an update, any suggestions as to how to go about it?

Many thanks

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The updates normally occur overnight but you can force them by trying a few things. First, reboot the base. If that doesn't help, remove one camera from Settings, MyDevices and resync it. That should force an update to happen. If so, do the same with the others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The updates normally occur overnight but you can force them by trying a few things. First, reboot the base. If that doesn't help, remove one camera from Settings, MyDevices and resync it. That should force an update to happen. If so, do the same with the others.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@ngl1604 wrote:

HI,

I'm new to Arlo having just purchased and installed a 4 camera system after Christmas (so please be gentle with me!!). 

When I first set up it up, I was prompted to update the base unit firmware (which seemed to go OK). It's now running 1.12.0.0_27099 and it got me thinking that maybe the cameras would be due an update too? 

The cameras appear to have 1.125.8.0_19174 installed and according to the forum there have been several updates sinceits release in May: i.e. 1.125.11.0_21156 in July, 1.125.11.1.0_25366 in September and most recently, 1.125.11.3.0_26229 in October.

I've checked the article on manually updating the camera firmware but is seems to be reliant on the my.arlo.com website recognising thast that there is an update to install - which it doesn't.

Firstly, should I just leave it be? Everything appears to be working at the moment so unsure whether subsequent software will make an improvement or not.  The release notes suggest big fixes and battery life improvements?

Secondly, if I should try and force an update, any suggestions as to how to go about it?

Many thanks

Nigel

Unless there is some problem you are experiencing and know is fixed in an update, I’d just wait for a compelling reason.

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks @jguerdat, that seems to have done the trick.  I restarted the base unit again and within a couple of minutes this time, the firmware updates showed up and I was able to force them to install one at a time.  

I may be jumping the gun but since the update, viewing the cameras on my Echo Spot seems to have been more reliable.  Fingers crossed!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation