Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cyang64
Tutor
Tutor

So I just got another arlo pro2 add on.  For my system to replace my arlo classic cam.  I have the required base station that comes w pro2. Updated my iOS app to the latest version and when I linked my new add on cam it required a firmware update. I did that.

What I noticed was there was such a long lag between my new cam and the base station viewing on my iPad (12.4.1ios). I checked the other 4 cam and it looked fine. So I though it was a issue w how I sync the cam. So I rebooted the base station. Unplug the new cam and plugged it back in. After waiting for abt 5min. I recheck and again it was slow as molasses abt 3min delay. The other cams seem normal only a few sec. I thought the cam was faulty. Signal strength is excellent all WiFi bars present. So I deleted the app. Mind you all this was just upgraded from my last version 2.8 to this new one 2.9. So yes I completed deleted the app. I waited for 10 min reboot my iPad just to make sure everything is happy and redownloaded the arlo app.  After installation it did it is thing and I didn’t have to type anything and it pulled my acct in automatically.  I then retested the cams one by one checking connection speed and night viewing mode. Oh yeah forgot to mention also w the new cam night mode was horrible don’t know why.  Then when I got to the new cam it was connecting within a few sec and the live pic was also within a few sec. load and behold night view imagery was ok now. I don’t know why but it seems like the app upgrade was not designed well?

But if you delete it wait a few sec and reinstall it seems to fix all the problems.  I also I had badge number show up on my app but the recorded video was not showing up. Now that is fix also. So I suggest if things are not working right delete reboot reinstall reboot. Wow looks like windows now haha.  But all is up and running just 

1 REPLY 1
NewPlayer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issues. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app which seemed to fix it, until, I changed the notification settings to no sound or badges. Instantly went back to looooong lag load times, poor video quality-skipping-lagging. Updated iOS firmware, no help. Rebooted router and base station, completely unplugged everything. Still no good. Uninstalled/reinstalled several times. Same thing, works ok until I change notification settings. Sheesh!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation