Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo App - I get notifications, but no new video recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Curtterp
Guide
Guide

Over the weekend, I got a notice that the old app will not work at the end of the month.

Instructions say to searczh the Apple App Store for Arlo, and download the new app.

So that is what I did. Searched for Arlo, downloaded the new Arlo App, logged in, and everything looked good. I deleted the Arlo-Legacy app.

Now I am getting motion notifications, but no video being recorded. I checked with the new arlo app on my iPad, nope, no new video recordings.

Restarted the base station. No new recordings

Deleted all my rukes and rebuilt them. 4 new recordings last night on ONE camera, even though I should have had 4 of 5 camera's recording. 

Added a Flash Drive to the USB port, and formatted it. According to the USB states, no new recordings.

I have received about 20 notifications, but still no new recordings.

I have checked online to see if the app is just not seeing the recordings, but there are no recordings.;

This is really sad that just replacing the app takes out the ability to record to YOUR cloud.  This is an $800 system that I invested in and now it is next to worthless. The reason to have security camera's is to preserve a video record of what is happening within the zones we have in case something happens. Without the ability to record, it is worth next to nothing.

Given your track record on how late you were with Homekit integration, I suppose my system will be worthless for  a few months now. I cannot return the system, because to much time has passed. I do not have the funds to go get something else, so now I am stuck with an expensive system which will not record;.

What a sad state of affairs this past weekend.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Curtterp
Guide
Guide

This morning I tried to manually record, and that didn;t work. 

So I turned off the base station for about a minute, then turned it back on. After my shower, I was able to record manually and have it appear in the library.

I checked the library when I got to work, and almost all my camera had video in the library. The two camera's that didn't were either not triggered (other side of the house) or motion sensor was turned off in my mode setting.

So cycling the power on your base station might bring it all back to working again., I suspect that they might have gone to a different server (Which is why they want people to change apps) and the base station needs to be power cycled to pick up the changes in the cloud library.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do the camera live view recordings get saved to the cloud library ok?

If you have a USB backup device on the base station, are the triggered recordings working on the USB, note that live view recordings work only to the cloud.

Make sure you have all cameras selected in the cloud library filter option else they won’t show up.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Curtterp wrote:

So that is what I did. Searched for Arlo, downloaded the new Arlo App, logged in, and everything looked good. I deleted the Arlo-Legacy app.

Now I am getting motion notifications, but no video being recorded. I checked with the new arlo app on my iPad, nope, no new video recordings.

The app doesn't make the video recordings, so your problem is something else.  Have you also checked the web client?

Have you tried support?

Curtterp
Guide
Guide

This morning I tried to manually record, and that didn;t work. 

So I turned off the base station for about a minute, then turned it back on. After my shower, I was able to record manually and have it appear in the library.

I checked the library when I got to work, and almost all my camera had video in the library. The two camera's that didn't were either not triggered (other side of the house) or motion sensor was turned off in my mode setting.

So cycling the power on your base station might bring it all back to working again., I suspect that they might have gone to a different server (Which is why they want people to change apps) and the base station needs to be power cycled to pick up the changes in the cloud library.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation