Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mulletsrock101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded the new app, uninstalled the old one, and logged in to the new app ...... All was fine until I went to watch a video I downloaded on my Android phone two weeks ago .... All my videos I ever downloaded before the 7 day window are gone ? How do I get them back ?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mulletsrock101 wrote:
 .... All my videos I ever downloaded before the 7 day window are gone ? How do I get them back ?

I am thinking that you downloaded them into the data folder dedicated to the app, and never moved them.  If that's the case, they'd have been deleted when you uninstalled the old app.  And if they were actually deleted, recovery would be difficult - and any new files you save on on the phone will potentially over-write the deleted vidoes.

Do you use an iPhone (or iPad)?  Or Android?

Do you recall where you stored them when you downloaded?

Is your phone backed up anywhere?  (for instance in iCloud)?

Mulletsrock101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I use Andriod Galaxy phone. They were downloaded to the folder called "downloads" with any other thing I have ever downloaded. All the remining downloads are still there, just not any Arlo videos anylonger. No Arlo videos are showing in my Samsung cloud current or trash (within 15 days)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mulletsrock101 wrote:

Hi,

I use Andriod Galaxy phone. They were downloaded to the folder called "downloads" with any other thing I have ever downloaded. All the remining downloads are still there, just not any Arlo videos anylonger. No Arlo videos are showing in my Samsung cloud current or trash (within 15 days)

I don't save recordings on my phone, so I won't have noticed if any went missing.  It does seem odd that the uninstall would delete old recordings in the downloads folder - I wouldn't expect an app to keep track of that.

There are some third-party tools that can recover deleted files if they haven't been overwritten by new ones.  I've never used those tools, so I have no idea how well (or even if) they work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation