Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New App Activity Zone Static Images

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
PFeezzy
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do we update the static activity zone image with the new app? I adjusted a camera and it wont let me update the static image to what my camera is actually pointed at now. 

10 REPLIES 10
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

you could use the Position mode.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
PFeezzy
Aspirant
Aspirant
No... I think it was called snapshot in the old app. Position mode doesn’t do that.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

I am confused, are you trying to set the positioning of your camera or take a snapshot ?
Are you refering camera icon?
snapshot.jpg

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
IncogNieto82
Initiate
Initiate

I see what he’s saying, I’m trying to adjust the zones as well but it only shows an older image and I want to use the new images. With the older software you could snapshot current image and now we can’t. New update sucks...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I find that clicking on the image in Video Settings refreshes the image for the app.

PFeezzy
Aspirant
Aspirant
That doesn’t seem to work for me either.
dtshaw82
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. I set the cameras up before mounting them and now that I want to set the Activity Zone, it only shows an image of my countertop, where it was when I paired them.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the Video Settings, Rotate the Image 180 degrees trick mentioned above?

dtshaw82
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did try toggling Rotate 180° multiple times without success. I did find turning the camera off and on, allowing it to activate a video recording in armed mode, THEN toggling Rotate 180° did the trick.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Another, easier way to do this is to use a browser which has the snapshot icon and works properly.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation