Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need to set camera to turn on everyday at specific time. How do I enter such a schedule?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Timmen
Follower
Follower

Hello community. I need to set my cameras to turn on every day at a specific time, without turning them off. I turn them off manually from time to time and forget to turn them on again. How do I enter such a schedule? Because it must be possible to make something like that obvious, right?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Timmen wrote:

Hello community. I need to set my cameras to turn on every day at a specific time, without turning them off. I turn them off manually from time to time and forget to turn them on again. How do I enter such a schedule? 

You can arm or disarm cameras on a schedule - but that is different from turning them on automatically after you've turned them off from the web ui or the app.

I don't think you can do what you want right now.

SAub
Apprentice
Apprentice

If what you want to do is to have a camera(s) detect motion and record at a specific time, and then at another time not detect motion and not record, then you can do that my creating a two custom Modes and then use the Scheduler to Schedule when the customer mode is active. But for this to work your cameras must always be ON.

For example if you want some cameras active at night, but not during the day:

• create a Mode called "Night" that has Camera 1 active to detect motion and record
  • create another Mode called "Day" and have Camera 1 NOT active to detect motion and record
  • Then use the Schedule to have the Day mode active from say 7:00 am - 7:00 pm and the Night mode active 00:00 - 6:59 am and also active from 7:01pm to 11:59pm.

The Scheduler will invoke the Day and Night modes at the scheduled times and the cameras specified in each mode will be active at those times. Note, if a camera is not specified in a Mode, then it is not active in that mode.

Then 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation