Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need to keep charging my cameras every 3 days since last week. Tried disarming and removing battery.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
XiliX
Guide
Guide

Last week I've had to start charging my camers approximately every 3 days for them to keep working.  No cameras have moved.  The base station has not moved.  I've rebootted each camera by removing the batteries.  I've reset my base station twice.  I have even disarmed the system for 3 days and all the batteries still drained.  I believe the that a software has been updated recently and the cameras are over reporting motion and alerts.

The only two cameras that I have that report alerts are on the front and back of my house.  The other two cameras that I have are in my living and dining area.  The two that do not report motion drain just as fast or faster that the outside two.  The inside cameras actually get more motion that the outside ones and they drain faster even though they are not set to report anything.

In addition, all four cameras began draining faster at the same time.  There is no difference between the drain rate of any of the cameras.  My interior cameras used to last almost 4 months and then boom, they drain in 3 days.  All this evidence points to a very bad software update, which is not uncommon with the arlo systems.

I will say that every issue that I have had with my system in the last 3 years, has been due to arlo software updates.  QA on their software releases is poor at best.

Has anyone noticed this change recently?

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey XiliX,

If you're having problems with your camera batteries draining fast, try to change your power setting to "Best Battery Life" to see if that helps. You can read here to learn more on how to extend your camera's battery life: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation