Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My external hard drive keeps blinking orange and needs to reformat again?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

My external hard drive requires reformatting often. After reformatting, the local storage says READY. A few days later, the USB icon us blinking orange and needs reformatting again. Each time I am erasing my data...assuming it is actually backing up. Is anyone else having this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It for some reason may be the hard drive your using.... in the past some users had truoble with usb drives.

Because the USB backup must be ejected and transfered to a computer, most find a speed stick to be the best answer.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.

I am using a SeaGate 640GB as I have 3 cameras and felt like I needed substantial space. It is not a new one but was emptied of all info before I used it. I will try a speed stick. I just searched them on Amazon. Do you know the amount of Alro information can be stored of 268MB for drive?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would recommend any size over 16 GB... Myself I run a sandisk 64 GB usb stick.  ( under $10  )

Just make sure it's a quality brand with good speed rating.

10 secs of recording is aprox ( Pro/Pro2 ) 1MB , so you'll have plenty of room...and can set for deleting older vids if desired

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation