Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My cell phone died, in turn I lost all connections to cameras. Had to reinstall everything. Why??

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hussaria
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cell phone died, in turn I lost all connections to cameras. Had to reinstall cameras and base. Asides from keeping my phone charged, is there another solution to this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always access via the web prgm ; https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hussaria
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for that information. I tried it and the system still says that all cameras are offline. Frustrating!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? If they're all green, the system is working. You can try turning the base off and back on to see if that helps. Also, verify that the batteries are charged.

Hussaria
Aspirant
Aspirant
This was purchased and installed on Sunday. All batteries are in top %. I followed the instructions to a tee.
brh
Master
Master

@Hussaria,

Your cameras are connected to the base station which in turn connects to Arlo's servers over your internet connection. Your account on the Arlo servers is tied to your email account. Your phone dying or computer dying has nothing to do with the cameras not working except for the defective device. In other words, if my phone dies, I can still use my computer, my ipad, my laptop or another phone, etc. to view my system. You did not need to re-install your system due to the phone dying. Your problem lies with either a fault with your internet communications to the base station, problems with your internet service, or defective merchandise, such as your base station, router, ethernet cable, etc.

So back to the question. What are the LEDs on your base station showing, from left to right?

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation