Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Pro2 camera is offline now, and is flashing blue and orange lights.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Dannybear for the tips about the warranty. Although I don't have my warranty anymore, I reached out Arlo support and they helped me solve the problem without charging me. They instructed me to do the following steps which are pretty same as you suggested in your last message:

1. Grab the affected camera and place it next to the Base station.

2. Take the battery out from the camera.

3. Plug the supplied Arlo charger into the camera without the battery in it.

And I was able to add back the camera to my account.

I tried step 1, step 2, and step 3 before, but I didn't do step 1+2+3.

Thank you so much for all your time and help!!! Best wishes!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you remove the battery from the affected camera for a few minutes and reinstall.
Also try power cycling the base station.
francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Dannybear for your suggestion. It didn't work. I guess my camera is out of order.

Dannybear
Master
Master
You could try manually resyncing the camera to the base station.
Press the base station sync button momentarily, then momentarily press the camera’s sync button.
francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Dannybear for your help. I have tried manually resyncing the camera as you suggested, still it didn't work. I really appreciate your help! Happy New Year!

Dannybear
Master
Master
Thanks for the new year greetings, ditto.
The next step would be to remove the camera from the account using the browser app and reinstall it again. This has the risk of the camera not being found again and turning it into a brick and so requiring access to arlo support person to tell you that it is bricked and to buy a new camera.
Super users and moderators feel free to comment.
francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, the camera could be found by the base station after I removed it from the account. 😞

Thanks again Dannybear for all your help!

Dannybear
Master
Master
So confirming the camera is functional again, correct? The sad emoji is confusing that’s all.
If okay again then you will need to setup the camera rules in your modes again.
francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Dannybear,

Sorry for the late reply.  I missed "not" in my previous message. The camera actually could "not" be found by the base station after I removed it from the account.

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you still have warranty, or subscription plan you are entitled to access arlo support through the arlo app. You should be entitled to an RMA as the camera failed during or after a firmware update based on the flashing LEDs reported.
If you don’t have a subscription, someone suggested you could sign up for one, have the issue resolved then cancel to get a prorated refund, but I have not seen any evidence that this is economical.
Some things to try further is to place the camera close to the base station, connect to external power and leave for a few days in case it gets an update that works. Then on a pc browser connected to your local network, try again to reinstall the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

If you don’t have a subscription, someone suggested you could sign up for one, have the issue resolved then cancel to get a prorated refund, but I have not seen any evidence that this is economical.

Not sure what you consider "economical", but it likely depends on whether support can resolve it efficiently.

US subscription cost for a single camera is $2.99 USD.  If the problem can be resolved in a single support contact, then it might take 2-3 calendar days total (costing perhaps $0.30 USD).  If it takes 4-6 weeks, it would be around $5.00 USD.

francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Dannybear for the tips about the warranty. Although I don't have my warranty anymore, I reached out Arlo support and they helped me solve the problem without charging me. They instructed me to do the following steps which are pretty same as you suggested in your last message:

1. Grab the affected camera and place it next to the Base station.

2. Take the battery out from the camera.

3. Plug the supplied Arlo charger into the camera without the battery in it.

And I was able to add back the camera to my account.

I tried step 1, step 2, and step 3 before, but I didn't do step 1+2+3.

Thank you so much for all your time and help!!! Best wishes!

francesxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB for your information about the subscription cost. My issue has been resolved.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation