Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Android now cant see the new base.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LolaG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 cameras Arlo 2 and the 3 led base station.  I needed to replace the base station and can confirm it is working.  Added to my Wi-Fi and connection is great.  My son who I added to my Arlo link can see the base and the cameras.  My app which I have uninstalled (3times) still does not see anything.  When I do try to add new device, it can't find it even while standing right in front.  Yes, I am on the same Wi-Fi and even did a firmware update to all to make sure that wasn't the issue.  When I open my app, it shows nothing no camera no history nothing.   How do I get my visibility back?  

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm slightly confused (I think). Who actually is the person who set the system up - you or your son? It appears to be you. Are you logging into the app with the correct credentials? Have you tried using the web client (my.arlo.com)?

LolaG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am the creator of the account and my kids are added with my link invite.  When we set up the account in my name and yes with the correct credentials.  I travel a great deal so its always on my phone.  When i opened via web client it show a blank screen like I have never had an account.  All I did was remove the base to add the new base.  Now I have no history on my account.  If my son opens now via my arlo he can see the base and cameras via his phone or desktop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So you removed the old base and configured the new one. Did you also resync the cameras (sorry, you don't mention that)? Removing a base removes the cameras so they have to be set back up again.

LolaG
Aspirant
Aspirant

NO all good didn't mention the cameras sadly I can't even get that far.  When I try to locate the new base (standing right in front of it) it won't see it.  But the Wi-Fi does have it so I know it is connected to my Wi-Fi.  It is working my son sees it all so glad there is connection just like at least two of us have visibility..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to purchase a single camera monthly plan for the purpose of talking to official support using Settings, Support to choose your camera or base. Cancel once you're satisfied.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation