Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
britdog
Star
Star

Running Windows 10 on PC and Android version 9 smartphones

Arlo Q Firmware 1.9.0.0_269

Arlo Pro 2 Firmware 1.125.11.3_26229

I have been running five Arlo Q cameras on the free plan for about 2 years with minimal problems. I recently upgraded to the Smart Premier Plan ($9.99/month) and added two Arlo Pro 2 cameras with the required base station and have had several problems since. These are the problems I've identified so far:

1. One of my Pro 2 cams is plugged in (not running on battery). It was working fine before I upgraded my service. Since upgrading my service, It stopped any alerts as soon as I set activity zones. 
  2. My other Pro 2, which is running on battery is honoring the setting to not alarm for vehicles. But I cannot set activity zones, because you don't allow that on battery power for some reason. 
  3. One of my Arlo Q cams is detecting animals, even though I have it set not to detect animals. 

I see a LOT of other people are having all kinds of problems with your Smart services. I implore you to fix get this system straightened out with highest priority. We have spent a lot of our hard-erned money on your products AND service and we you are not delvering what you advertised! We are counting on your products working reliably, as we count on them for our personal and property security!

3 REPLIES 3
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To add my personal experience to this thread, I have 3 Q cameras and 1 Q-Plus camera (along with a number of wire-free cameras), and they all send Smart notifications even though all of my cameras have Smart disabled.  I think Arlo forgot about testing the Q cameras when they created Smart notifications, with this issue along with the CVR coexistence issue. 

FYI I am subscribed to Smart Premiere + CVR.

britdog
Star
Star

Still no solution. Netgear called me once, and I was unable to talk at that time, so we agreed on an alternate time, but they never called back. Getting close to dumping it.

britdog
Star
Star

Spoke with support today and here's the rundown:

1. One of my Pro 2 cams is plugged in (not running on battery). It was working fine before I upgraded my service. Since upgrading my service, It stopped any alerts as soon as I set activity zones. 
    [UPDATE] We determined that the problem occurs when I have multiple zones defined. When I limit it to a single zone, it seems to trigger normally. When I added the other two zones in, it stopped triggering. 
  2. My other Pro 2, which is running on battery is honoring the setting to not alarm for vehicles. But I cannot set activity zones, because you don't allow that on battery power for some reason. 
    [UPDATE] Determined I can setup activity zones even on battery. Did it and it seems to be working. The support rep told me that on battery, it logs a "cloud-based zone". Difference between this and a normal zone using a plugged-in camera is the "cloud" zone will record activity outside the zone, but will not trigger alerts for outside the zone activities, but they will be logged in your library. That's fine with me. 
  3. One of my Arlo Q cams is detecting animals, even though I have it set not to detect animals. 
    [UPDATE] Logged a new ticket for this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation