Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Moving to hardwired Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CP79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good afternoon,

I have a set of Arlo Pro 2 cameras that have been used exclusively wirelessly until now and I have been really happy with them.  Due to a few vandalism incidents almost certainly due to my violent ex, I want to move to wired and will start with one camera aimed at the area that has been targeted.  

However, I had an electrician add a socket and the cable.  When we plug any of the cameras in, the blue light appears once and then vanishes.  But when I look in the app, none of the cameras says charges, or has the lightening symbol so I am wondering if there is some sort of setting I have to adjust?  The base station is on and the cameras will all charge if I plug them in. 

Can anyone offer any tips for me?  Electrician has followed the same process he used to install his own Arlo cameras at his home.  I don't have a lot of money to continue paying him so want to try to sort it myself first if I can.  

Thanks so much 🙂 

9 REPLIES 9
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What USB cable are you using? 

If you are not using the one supplied with the camera then try that.

I just tested charging my Pro 2 using the USB on my desktop PC and it works fine.

Also test your camera cable combination plugged into the Arlo supplied USB adapter and see if that works.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

In case your expecting to be able to constantly capture video by externally powering the cameras, you will need to also purchase an additional CVR subscription for each camera which could be limited to using a single camera depending on the internet bandwidth you have.

in addition the pro2 cameras use a 7.2vdc battery that requires a Qualcomm quick charger that was supplied with the cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

in addition the pro2 cameras use a 7.2vdc battery that requires a Qualcomm quick charger that was supplied with the cameras.

@CP79 - did the electrician install a usb socket?  Or just normal AC power?

If a USB socket, ask if the socket he installed supports quick charge.  The electrician's Arlo cameras could be a different model that wouldn't need that.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK,  the PRO camera requires the Qualcomm type charger that supplies dual voltage...

The PRO 2 moved away from this to a standard USB adapter of 5v.

But in all cases, use the supplied charger for best results.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes Tom. That is correct.

That's why I mentioned it in my first reply. Pro2 will happily charge and run off  almost any 5v USB outlet.

The problem the OP is having could be with the USB cable being used.

CP79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will investigate this.  Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me!!  Much appreciated. 

CP79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think he supplied an Arlo one.  My cameras will charge using an aftermarket cable when I use them battery powered, but of course this is different so I will clarify with the electrician.  Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me!!  Much appreciated. 

CP79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am sure it isn't the original charger, but will see what I can find.  Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me!!  Much appreciated. 

CP79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it charges off all my USB plugs.  I'll havea  look into the cable etc.  Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me!!  Much appreciated. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation