Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had the original Arlo - 4 camera system for 3 years now. One of the cameras is pink during daylight hours (UV filter maybe ?) and another has had a few glitches.

I am looking at getting a VMS4230P 2 camera Arlo Pro 2 kit, and using the new Arlo Pro 2 base station with the two new Pro 2 cameras and two of my original cameras.

A couple of questions please;

1. Anyone had any issues mixing old and new like this ?
  2. How do I move my modes, schedules etc from the old base to the new one ? I had to do a full reset of my old base last year and it was painful trying to remember and re-enter everything that I had programmed into them (apparently no way to back it up which seems bizzarre).

My current system details are;

• Base station - HW version =VMB3010r2, Firmware version = 1.12.0.1_27940
  • Camera - HW version = H7, Firmware version = 1.3.314

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@CCNE37 

I have a mix of cameras on several base stations on the same account with no problems. You can remove the cameras from the old base and resync them to the new base. You can either remove the old base from the account or keep it active with no cameras, whatever you wish to do.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@CCNE37 

I forgot to mention that I do not know of any migration tool, so you will need to setup your modes, etc. again. You might want to write down the settings before you move the cameras.

Brian

CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Brian

Good to know that the systems mix well.

It seems a bit strange that Netgear has not developed a tool to back up or migrate the setup. I have 4 cameras and 11 different modes, plus the schedule, so it would probably take me an hour or so to re-programme a new base. I can't imagine that it would be hard to give us a tool to create a backup of all settings to save locally so that if the current base needs a full reset or a new base arrives, it is a 2 minute job to migrate it over.

It is no different to getting a new phone - imagine if you had to re-type every contact etc every time you got one.

Thanks

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Sounds like a good one for the Idea Exchange, if it isn’t already there.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation