Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Ronin8793
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

I haven't purchased the Arlo pro 2 (yet)  but I have a question. 

Can the camera be permamently mounted?  My concern is the magnet will allow someone to simply grab it and run.  Can the camera be permamently mounted to the mounting device?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. Use this mount and a person would have to unscrew the Arlo Pro 2 from the mount to get it

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/outdoor-mount.aspx#VMA4000-10000S

VMA4000_Front_Transparent.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. Use this mount and a person would have to unscrew the Arlo Pro 2 from the mount to get it

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/outdoor-mount.aspx#VMA4000-10000S

VMA4000_Front_Transparent.jpg

Ronin8793
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow. Thank you for the quick and excellent reply!
Ronin8793
Apprentice
Apprentice
Another question, regarding the swivel base linked above.....can you remove the battery for charging, without un-screwing the camera from the mount?

Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but if you position the camera on the mount carefully you can screw it back in so it's virtually in the same position. What I do is to back the external lock nut all the way back and screw the camera all the way onto the shaft firmly. Then use the positioning capability of the mount itself to rotate the camera into place as you like and lock the mount tightly.  This way you can unscrew the camera and replace it almost exactly each time as long as the mount doesn't shift - be sure to tighten the mount lock well.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

All of my cameras are on magnetic mounts and many at head height. I guess I'll be at risk of regretting it one day if someone steals my camera(s). The critical access to my house is covered by 2 cameras so at least one will capture the thief stealing the other and cloud recording means even if they broke into the house and stole the base station, I've still got video footage (unless they also managed to cut off my internet before getting caught on camera)

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Cameras can be taken even with screw mounts, not that difficult to turn camera around the screw. May take just a few extra seconds. It’s just a matter of how badly someone wants to take your camera. Unless mounted high out of reach, only thing that might slow down a thief would be a security metal cage bolted in around the camera.

So.......yes stop worrying about it and hope nobody will go after your cameras.

Have mine on magnetic mounts, still there two years later.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation