Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SamAngel
Follower
Follower

1 of my Arlo camera was triggered constantly this morning and when I go to my library, there's nothing recorded. There's no email sent to me as well. Then, I decided to view it live for a while to see what is triggering the motion sensor and didn't see anything on the screen. There's no sound detected as well. Anybody can tell me what is going on?

5 REPLIES 5
daddylap
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem please update if you find a solution. Thank you.
JuliaMcE
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening to me too!  I hope it's sorted quickly... Because what is the point of a security camera system when you can't access the recordings? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@SamAngel

When you say that it was triggering, were you getting notifications on your phone but no emails correct? Check the camera rule in the running mode that email notifications are enabled.

You say you checked live view and nothing could be seen, do you mean that you could not see a reason for the trigger to occur, correct?
Sunlight and shadows can cause false triggers with seasonal changes, check the motion sensitivity in your camera rule for the running mode.

You mentioned that the audio trigger is not working, correct?
Check your camera rule in the running mode that audio detection is enabled.

You mentioned that nothing is being recorded to the library, correct?
Check the camera rule in the running mode is set to record the camera.

Hope this helps.
JuliaMcE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an update on what is going wrong for me!  So when the Mode is set to Armed... I get the alerts on my phone and the recordings appear properly in the Library.  When the Mode is set to my customer mode "At Home" - I get the alerts on my phone... But there are no recordings in my Library.  This custom mode and the library recordings were working perfectly up until a couple of days ago... And I haven't changed anything in my settings... So I am thinking something must have changed on the Arlo side.  Thanks Julia

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation