Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cineview
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got a pack of Arlo Pro 2, one is facing entrance where theres also bushes along the stairs which is blowing in the wind and alerts me every 15-30 secs.
Sensitivity is set to 1, but it doesnt make any difference from 80.
This makes this camera useless for alerting unwanted visitors, as i have to disable alerts.
Does the markets most expensive and advance camera not have any filters that only alerts humans and not blowing items?
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@cineview wrote:
Just got a pack of Arlo Pro 2, one is facing entrance where theres also bushes along the stairs which is blowing in the wind and alerts me every 15-30 secs.
Sensitivity is set to 1, but it doesnt make any difference from 80.
This makes this camera useless for alerting unwanted visitors, as i have to disable alerts.
Does the markets most expensive and advance camera not have any filters that only alerts humans and not blowing items?

Verify that you are setting the SENSE level in the MODE you arm the cameras with, ...NOT in the test area of settings.

Create a custom with a lower sense level for windy days... it should still pick up people ( btw, the max distance for people is 25 ft so don't try to cover an area larger than that.)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cineview
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if i understand what you mean by that?

The only place i can find the settings for sensitivity, is under each cameras Device utilities. Are there other places i can do it as well?

Lets say i have activated Geofence mode, what else can i do to make the changes in sensitivity apply?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on changing sensitivity in your modes and rules (and many other topics, too). Use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes. All settings, including sensitivity, are there. Be sure to save.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation