Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection only works when connected to AC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ils26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a problem with a brand new Arlo Pro 2 camera (actually it is a replacement for a Pro 2 that stopped charging). Out of the box the motion detection is not wokring. If I do the motion detection test the orange led won't blink even though I'm definitely within the camera's range. It does not detect motion when it's activated either.

After the faulty camera I have successfully installed to other cameras to the base station. Thus, there is noting wrong with the base station or the setup of cameras.

I did lots of troubleshooting tips from the forum to no avail. Strangely, though, I discovered that the motion detection is indeed working if the camera is connected to AC via the supplied charger.

Is there anyone else here who had the same problem? I suspect that there is a software glitch since the motion detection is not faulty, it's just not activated when the camera is run on battery. Is there any way to do a reinstall of the software/firmware in the camera?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices. Reboot the base and then resync the camera.

ils26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip. I tried that numerous times without avail. 

It is strange that motion detection indeed works, but only if the camera is connected to AC via the supplied charger. Do you agree that it sounds lika a software/firmware issue in the camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While that's always a possibility, it sounds more like a hardware issue to me. Contact support using the link at the bottom here for possible warranty replacement.

ils26
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, thanks. I'll try that.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation