Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change of the terms of service and Verisure sale

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Xavier13
Follower
Follower
I’m very concerned that Arlo has decided to sell their comercial services, my contract and my data to Verisure.

Arlo is a closed system that depends on their servers to operate. When I purchased my Arlo it came with the assurance that Netgear would provide the service to access my cameras as part of the purchase, at least in a free tier that required no extra expenditure on my part.

However in the new terms there’s no mention of the free tier. So I assume that the new services to continue using my cameras will require the payment of a monthly fee (the amount is not currently available).

I’m very upset because this is not the product I purchased in the first place. I chose Arlo because it did not require monthly payments, but it seems that this has changed now.

As this has changed the essence of the product I want to know what is the procedure to return my Arlo cameras for a full refund.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Zodah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree. I selected Arlo just because I didnt want to use any of the big security firms. They dont add any value for me. I also selected Arlo because they have a free basic service. If this changes I dont know what to to.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more information on the partnership with Verisure, please visit http://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/press-releases/2019/Arlo-Verisure-Partnership.aspx

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation