Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection on just one camera at a time

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lynn77
Follower
Follower

I bought my system to be able to live stream mainly. I am a caregiver to my 89 year old grandma with Alzheimer’s. I also have a husband and four young children. My grandmother has had several falls over the last few months and in one case broke her leg. I set this 4 camera system up in my downstairs so I can leave the room and know when she is trying to get up and move around. And it has been a total blessing for me in this case. I haven’t used it for actual security yet, but we have messed around with it and I can tell it will be great for that.
Although I’m wondering, is there a way I can set up motion and/or audio detection for just one camera at a time? For instance, if I am in my living room, and I’m not live streaming from my phone in the app..... is there a way I can get a notification or something that there is motion in her bedroom or any other room I have cameras placed?
Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you create a custom mode for the system, you'd have to create a rule just for the bedroom camera to give a notification while others could record on motion without sending a notification if you want. Hard if you want to do this with different rooms as you'd have to manually change the mode the system is running in each time you move to a different room or want a different room to have the notification

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation