Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detecting delay in new app

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
FredFN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have both the new and legacy version of Arlo on my iPad. I have videos in the legacy app where I can see people, and the same videos in the new app where I cannot. Seems to be related to delay. In one instance I have a video of a burglar trying to open doors, which is not seen in the new app. This is very serious in my opinion.

I suspect this is related to the app and not the cameras. Are anyone looking into this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredFN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I retested and now it is working in both apps. Maybe a playback glitch in the app?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FredFN wrote:

. I have videos in the legacy app where I can see people, and the same videos in the new app where I cannot.

This is weird.  Have you tried downloading the videos from the two apps, and seeing if they are identical or not?  Also, try using the web interface (https://my.arlo.com ).  The video itself is likely complete (since they are storing only one copy).  But it'd be good to confirm that.

Mthell
Tutor
Tutor

So far my issues after I upgraded to the new app are:

1. Motion detection way slower than before. The video that starts to record often misses the object and this have never happen before.

2. Records don't show in the app and/or takes forever before it appears in the app.

3. I also get double push notifications and yes I HAVE deleted the old app.

4. When you look at a video the first 2-4 seconds are in slow motion and then it starts to be normal. 

Anyone else have these issues?

FredFN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I retested and now it is working in both apps. Maybe a playback glitch in the app?

AEM28
Initiate
Initiate

Since installing the new version of Arlo my cameras DO NOT RECORD the motion detection. At least not on a regular base. And if there is a recording it appears after a significant delay

Mthell
Tutor
Tutor

Did you retest or reset?

Craimondi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, first few seconds of the recorded video is in slow motion then it goes to normal speed.  This only is happening in the new app. The old legacy app works fine.

AnS98
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the exact same thing. It’s very disappointing and frustrating.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craimondi wrote:

I am having the same issue, first few seconds of the recorded video is in slow motion then it goes to normal speed.  This only is happening in the new app. The old legacy app works fine.

I believe that is a streaming issue in the app (and not the recording itself).  You can check that by playing the recording in a PC.

Craimondi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe somebody mentioned this fix earlier and I do want to report that deleting the new app and re installing it fixed the slow motion delay issue.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation