Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Working but Won’t Automatically Record - 1 of 3 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JAMAY1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, all connected to one base station. I have all three setup to record on motion detection and to send notifications to my phone. All three have activity zones setup. They all worked perfectly for a while.

About a month or so ago, one of the three cameras stopped recording automatically on motion detection (the other two work fine). I can view the live stream. I can record manually. And if I run a motion-detection test using the iOS app, the LED indicates that the camera properly detects motion.

I have checked the individual settings for that camera — they are correct and nothing has changed. The home screen indicates that motion detection is enabled (as with the other two cameras).

I tried removing the activity zone. I tried restarting the base station. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the camera to my Arlo system. I am out of ideas. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a web browser to check and set things in the Mode tab. The apps have been problematic doing anything in the Mode tab - sometimes it's fine, sometimes it screws things up. You can use a mobile browser is you set it to use the desktop version of the web site.

JAMAY1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate the idea, but no luck. I logged in to the site from my PC. All the settings were correct. I tried editing the mode settings to turn off recording and then turned it back on. That camera still won’t record on motion. 

Oh, and before anyone asks, yes, the motion sensitivity in the mode/record/video settings is the same sensitivity level as the motion detection test on the camera. So it should be picking up the motion. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync. Add the camera back into any custom modes you may have created and test again.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation