Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 live view issue and disconnect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CordedPuppet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro 2 worked great for 3 weeks. Today the video feed did something strange. The camera is set up to capture my patio area and shows 2 windows of interest. The kitchen window and patio window. It showed only the kitchen window at one point and then later it showed only the patio window. It changed back and forth a few times. Then the camera went black. No connection. Cameras on front of my unit were still ok. I thought someone tampered with camera, but it wasn't disturbed I confirmed later on. It connected and disconnected a few times. I restarted the base unit remotely from phone and it reconnected and was fine all afternoon. Could WIFI interference have caused the wonky video feeds? It might explain the disconnect, but this camera should have an easier time than the 2 that kept working. How secure are these cameras from hackers?
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be interference....

easy test is to swap one of the working cameras to it's location and see if the issue follows the camera or not,

that narrows down where to look for a solution

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CordedPuppet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.   Actually today it did happen again but this time I never got a camera that disconnected and all 3 cameras changed their view.  All 3 cameras appeared to be zoomed in which I never messed with on the web portal and last time I checked through web portal they were not zoomed in.   I can duplicate this with the APP on my tablet or phone.  If I zoom in from the live view there is no issue the next time I check camera.  However, if I click on the gear icon for one of my  cameras and go to "video settings" and use the pinch to zoom; then the live view stays in the zoomed state.  I have not been doing this when the cameras messed up the other times, but it does duplicate what the cameras appear to be randomly doing on their own.  My cameras seemed to show full bars on connection, so unclear what is causing this.  App bug?  Weak wifi causing  camera glitch? I also noticed if I do mess with the zoom under video settings that the camera has a hard time connecting when going back to live view feed (all 3 cameras did this but only when i messed with zoom).  I tried moving the base some.  The investigation continues.....

Dannybear
Master
Master
@CordedPuppet
Out of curiosity, are you using the basic activity zones on any of your cameras? If so, try deleting them and see if the issue comes back.
When I use them on my cameras they corrupt the base station settings for the cameras.
CordedPuppet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't think "activity zones" were allowed on battery power which is my situation.  I did check anyway and there are none set.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have subscribed to Arlo Smart, you can use zones on battery power.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation