Motion Detection not working after cleaning lense

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Maybe it's unrelated, but the only change I've done is the lense and IR area had fingerprints on it thus causing blurry quality.

I used a glass cleaner on the area and the video quality improved, but ever since I've done this the motion detection, even at 100% isn't working. It's not working in alarmed mode (correct settings) nor motion detection sensitivity setting within the camera settings.

I did get one event to trigger at 95% but it was way late in catching it.

Is it the camera, or the glass cleaner I used interferring?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you didn't hurt the lens with the product used for cleaning, it prob didn't hurt the PIR lens either

Try and reset the camera by pulling / replacing battery

Reset the base with the power button after above, allow time for the base to come online.

verify when ARMED, in the live view screen , the running man is Black above the camera ( if gray it is not armed )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, when cleaning any optical device, don't put the liquid directly on the les - use a cloth and dampen it istead. That prevents the spread of liquid where it doesn't belong.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Yup, did that.

I'll do the battery reset and base station tonight.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Did all the above.

The camera then worked under "motion test".

It would however not work under "armed". I changed it to another custom armed mode and it worked somewhat, then stopped responding. 

Went back into motion test and wasn't responding.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JehovasFitness,

Reboot both the base station and the camera (by removing and reinserting the battery). Allow the base station to come back online and check the camera widget to make sure the camera is "Armed" and test again. (keep in mind recordings will not trigger if live streaming) Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation