Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mjbarr99
Follower
Follower

I have 4 Pro 2 cameras and a subscription to Smart Premier.  I have 3 cameras set up with activity zones.  On one of my cameras, I notice that I'm getting motion detected outside my activity zones but I don't get a push notification.  This only happens at night and I'm guessing it's picking up insects.  I have the camera mounted  on the eave of the roof and it's looking at the side of our house and our pool equipment.  Since it's constantly detecting motion during the night, it depletes my battery within a week.  My other 2 camera are also mounted to the eaves; one looking at my backyard/pool and the other at my driveway.  These two cameras don't have this issue.  Is there a way to create an activity zone that excludes motion or any other suggestions to remedy the situation?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mjbarr99 wrote:

Since it's constantly detecting motion during the night, it depletes my battery within a week. 

Activity zones won't help this problem (though they can reduce the recording rate).  You could adjust the motion sensitivity and/or camera position.  Alternatively, connect the camera to AC power.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation