Motion Detection Zone does not persist

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChedNG
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently purchased a new Arlo Pro 2 camera to go with my older Arlo Pro base station. For the most part it seems to work fine, however when I edit the motion settings (via the rule governing the camera in the armed setting), I can define and save a motion detection zone, and if I double check it immediately afterwards it seems to have saved just fine, BUT if I check a few hours later, the defined zone is gone and the camera is set to detect motion everywhere. I've reproduced this three times now. Anyone know what the problem is?

The attached screenshot shows what my settings look like immediately after I've defined the zone. A few hours from now, "Zone 1" will disappear and all that will remain is "Everywhere".
6 REPLIES 6
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Where did the everywhere zowe come from ,delete that. And don't forget to use the save button
ChedNG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everywhere appears to be the default and I can't see any way to delete it. And yep, I've been careful to hit save. That has not helped.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Are you using an Android phone or an Apple phone or a computer
ChedNG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good question. I'm using the Arlo app on an Android device. After you asked, I tried logging in via Chrome on a computer and guess what, I check the device setting sand see 6 or 7 duplicate "Zone 1" settings - probably one for each time I tried to fix it. Check the Android app and it still shows just one. I go ahead and delete all the zones on the computer, define a new one (along with a new zoom setting, since that was behaving oddly too.) Fingers crossed that it fixes the issue.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Using Android I go to devices then the camera then the gear icon beside the camera click that. Then go to video settings take a snapshot then set up your zones hit save. That's it works for me
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's not explicitly stated anyplace I know of, it turns out that the P2 zones are used differently from how they've always worked on the Q cameras. For the P2 cameras that are AC powered (zones don't work on battery operation), any zones defined will be automatically used with no selection allowed.  "Everywhere" is only used if no zones are defined.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation